Lockhart’s Insurance Services Terms & Condition of Website Use
1. The following organizations may link to the Lockhart’s Insurance Services (“LIS”) web site, www.lisdc.com, without prior written LIS approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list the LIS in the directory may link to the LIS web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the web sites of other listed businesses; and
- LIS clients except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to LIS’ web site.
- Insurance companies
These organizations may link to LIS' home page, to publications or to other web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
2. LIS may consider and approve in its sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- Commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- Dot.com community sites;
- Associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- Online directory distributors;
- Internet portals;
- Accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- Educational institutions and trade associations.
LIS will approve link requests from these organizations if LIS determines that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on the LIS. For example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory history with LIS; (c) the benefit to LIS from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence being a client of LIS; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization. These organizations may link to LIS’ home page, to publications or to other web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 (#2) above and are interested in linking to www.lisdc.com, you must notify LIS by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response. Please also read the following terms and conditions applying to use of our web site. Approved organizations may hyperlink to www.lisdc.com as follows:
- By use of the name "Lockhart’s Insurance Services "; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of the LIS web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of the LIS logo or other design trademark of the LIS will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement from the LIS.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around LIS' web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our web site.
LIS shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your web site. You agree to indemnify and defend LIS against all claims arising out of or based upon your web site. No link (s) may appear on any page on your web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
LIS reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to LIS’ web site from your site. You agree to immediately remove all links to LIS’ web site upon such request. LIS also reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to the LIS web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
What You Should Know About Links We Have On Our Web Site
From time to time, we may, with permission from the site owner, decide to link to web sites that we determine may be of interest to our visitors. These web sites may offer educational, governmental or other resources or may be owned or controlled by other third parties. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site, any link(s) contained in any linked site, or any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites. LIS provides links to third party sites only as a convenience and the inclusion of any such link on our site does not imply LIS’ endorsement of either the site, the organization operating such site, or any products or services of that organization. A visit to any site or page from our web site via any such link is done entirely at your own risk.